From: Ahmed
Salem[SMTP:ahmed.elsayed.sa...@gmail.com<smtp%3aahmed.elsayed.sa...@gmail.com>
]
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2010 11:51:43 PM
To: Kais Dukes; k...@kaisdukes.com
Subject: Python with Quranic Arabic Corpus Help
Auto forwarded by a Rule

Salmo alikom
Hi kais,

I'm student and now i trying to build Quranic Arabic  search program with
python and Quran Corpus but i'm beginer at python and nltk

I work on Quran corpus  at the link<http://corpus.quran.com/download/> which
build on that format

Now  i need your help in finding all verse in selected chapter then all word
in selected (chapter,word)

i start to seprate them with code like

path = nltk.data.find('D:\\quran\quranic-corpus-text-0.1.txt')

ar = {}
arabic =codecs.open(path, encoding='utf-8')

line = arabic.readline()
while line!='':
   tmp = line.splitlines('|')
   ch= tmp[0]
   v = tmp[1]
   txt=tmp[2]
   kkk=ch.strib()+":"+v.strib()
   ar[kkk]=txt.strib()

   line = arabic.readline()
arabic.close()

but that way can't work yet also i think there are another easy way to do
that so if you can please help or advice

Thanks,
--
Ahmed Salem Resume<http://www.scribd.com/doc/14256056/Ahmed-LSayed-Salem-CV>
MUFIX Community<http://www.mufix.org>