J. S. Garrison writes:

>Since overclocking the Quadra 700 I own, I went on to try it with a
>Classic, and a 128 having a Mac Plus motherboard.
>
>The Classic hated it. Last night, the 128 begrudgingly allowed it.

Once you replace the motherboard, it is no longer a 128. Your little old
Mac is now a Mac Plus no matter what the case may say.

>The board-speed is at 10Mhz. instead of 8.

You're asking for trouble, because almost everything on the motherboard
is tied to the speed of the crystal: the CPU, video, SCSI, the floppy,
etc. I'm surprised your seeing anything on the screen....

The same goes for the SE and Classic. None of these models can be
effectively overclocked.

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary
ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong
end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
  -- Dr. Seuss