Thanks to those that have responded. Most verified what I was thinking; I
just need to get out more :)

Perhaps this fall, I'll start going through my software archives and see
if anything I've got can get me hooked again. OT here; anyone who works
nights, and is tired of telemarketers/wrong numbers/ whatever waking them
up and has a PPC (not entirely sure of the system requirements) would do
well to get iGetter, a shareware program that saves all of your clicks to
download software in a queue (SP?). When I was on nights, I'd load that
program up with things to download, and start it up when I went to bed.
Twenty five bucks is worth it for a good days sleep for several weeks,
not to mention all the stuff I downloaded :) At any rate, I've got dozens
of CDs I've burned with programs that SHOULD run on an SE/30 (including
the entire U of Michigan Archive)

Regarding the "adding a CD or CDR post, I had a CD-ROM hooked to this
machine for awhile, but the CD driver had a conflict with something else
in my system folder, so I now use ethernet to access a CD drive on either
my 7300 or our G4. There's no conflict and it doesn't appear to be any
slower (the drive I used was a 600e or 4X).

Anyhow, I'm rambling now, and just wasting bandwidth on my BS, so I'll
cut these long winded message short.

Thanks for the input,

J White

Buy American