Alright, here's an extension of the same problem.

I think (maybe) I had made the disks wrong (though I don't know how). A made a new disk off my MacTest Pro CD that I got when I was an Apple Technician. It's the MacTest Pro Emergency 6.0.8 800k disk. Amazingly, I throw it in, and the machine boots right up. I tried to run MTP Emergency to test out my machine, but when I start it I get this message:

"There was not enough memory to run application."

So, I took a look at About the Finder, and it says that I have 8,192k of memory installed, though I figure it's probably more since it's not 32-bit clean. Bad memory?

Nolen