Mike wrote:
Hello,

Firstly, Darren thanks for the SE/40 link , interesting reading indeed,
now firmly bookmarked !

Thank Norman not I, a very nice person still subbed to the list with a project or two up his sleeve. I got my Axion 9" from the POS (point of sale) section in ebay. Worth a look!

Secondly....
I have an SE/30 which has contracted a case of SimasiMac, having worked
through the obviously clean up steps, I think I am now onto the replace
capacitors stage.

If Jeff where here (he's moving house?) he may suggest the dishwasher fix if you have tried cleaning the rom and ram chips without luck. Sometimes if the mac is either left on for a while or rebooted several times you can get past it - not a fix at all but something to try if needed. If you haven't already seen the FAQs or Gamba's site try :
http://macfaq.org/index.shtml some handy info with your problem in mind and http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/ for general goodness. Both excellent sites and worth reading so no sub links from me. For links in the FAQs pointing back to LEM that cant be found try http://chrislawson.net/writing/.

Question:  Where can I find these capacitors ?  I am in the UK, but I
guess these are cheaply posted if anyone has a good website source for
them......

Where is Gamba? The talent this list has lost is very sad.
Do you know which cap is leaking? Have you the soldering skills required? Are SE/30's pricey in the Old Dot?
If you were down here I'd suggest http://www.radioparts.com.au/ you'd need better component advice than I can give, this thread has been done before so I'm sure a smart person around here can help you. If there's no better way and you know exactly what you need I'll post them to you. Shouldn't come to that. :)

Cheers.