Hi!

I recently acquired a Sage IV - early 1980s multi-user computer system running the UCSD p-System. As was the norm then, such computers used 'dumb' terminals connected using serial (RS-232) connections.

I would like to use one (or more) of my compact Macs as dumb terminals.

Hence, I'd be grateful for any recommendations for terminal emulators for Compacts, preferably one which doesn't require me to remember too much of the RS-232 jargon which I've forgotten in the last 20 years! I won't be using a modem, only a direct connection. I have the appropriate 25-pin D-type to DIN adapters.

I can assign any Compact Mac to this task, from 512Kb to SE/30 to Mystic (CC with 575) though colour would be largely wasted for this application! So, any system s/w requirements from around System 4 through to 7.5 or even 8.1 can be accommodated.

Thanks,

Stuart