I did one of these. See
http://mailforwho.googlepages.com/Compiz_Logo.svg
 and
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5525/1331/1600/Compiz%20Logos2.1.jpg

It looks good but I think it's too specific to some of the initial
features of compiz (cube, decorations) and I'd like to have something
more general. But me alone shouldn't decide what we should use. People
should post suggestions to the list and we'll use whatever most people
like best.

Personally I like the cube a lot, there are other features which compiz has but I think that the cube is the defining feature and the one people remember most.

The logo looks good, not too in your face and everyone can see what it is,
although the compiz font is maybe a bit hard to read.