Sylvain,

The improvement over a given opponent should be measured by ELO points,
not win percentage unless you do the extra math.  I cannot quite tell if
you were considering that or not - if so then ignore this.   Going from
50% wins to 60% with is a modest improvement, but going from 80% to 90%
is a MAJOR improvement.

UCI is completely scalable, but may not be optimally scalable.  It may
turn out that there are other ways to handle the best first search.   My
fear with UCI type methods is that it might be progressively less
efficient as you get much faster.   It is probably a matter of finding
just the right formula for allocating work.

Or it might turn out that some form of alpha/beta search using
monte/carlo as an evaluator is the right thing given enough power -
which suggests some kind of hybrid approach.   UCI may be the best way
to handle nodes closer to the leaf and perhaps be viewed as a kind of
quies search for a standard alpha/beta engine.   I'm just taking a wild
guess here.

- Don