Jacques Basaldúa wrote
> Chrilly wrote: (thread was "Positions illustrative of computer stupidity")
>
> > With an infinite fast chip chess programs would be "infinite"
> > strong. Most current Go programs would only play infinite fast.
> > Its an interesting question if Monte-Carlo programs would also
> > play infinite strong.
>
> I think it is so important, it deserves its own thread.

Eeh, am I missing some point here or would not any Go program that uses search
and infinite computer power "simply" SOLVE the game - given that scoring is
done right and infinite loops are ruled out?

If we had infinite computing power Go would resemble tic tac toe from a
programmer's perspective. period.

aquarius
--
german commercial - can savely be ignored: