Stuart A. Yeates wrote:
On 2/21/07, alain Baeckeroot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Le mercredi 21 février 2007 02:10, Antonin Lucas a écrit:
No need for those difficulties,  you can play along this board :

http://www.youdzone.com/go.html

I think this is not a torus, even if each vertice has 4 neighbours.
 I can easily mentally transform this into a cylinder, with an
rectangular lattice and additional connection on the borders to
have 4 neighbours.

I agree

If this were a torus, there would be links between the inner ring and
 the outer ring of vertexes.
Whether it is a torus or not is irrelevant.  The only thing that matters
from a go game play perspective is the graph topology.  If all points
have 4 neighbors the actual physical shape or layout doesn't matter.