Hi Don

Could you provide some minimum protocol documentation so that we do not
have to use any scripting language? The tcl script seems very simple. Is it
possible to just open greencheeks.homelinux.org:6867, send login and then
read/write commands? This way everyone would be free to implement
the connection its own way, handle reconnection automatically in case of
power down, etc. In my case, using a scripting language not only requires to install unnecessary software for an otherwise trivial task, but writing a small
"bridge application" that is called by the script and communicates with
the GUI running the engine. The GUI could handle the connection much
better. I am very interested in being an active member of the 19x19
server when its ready. (And I am ready myself, mid-July, I hope.)

Jacques.