> Here are the results (wins for black):
> komi 6.5:
> 1943/3640 (53%)
> komi 7.5
> 1754/3640 (48%)

This is an interesting result, on one of my favourite topics. I've spent
a lot of time analyzing 9x9 games by very strong/pro players in detail
and decided correct komi is probably either 6 or 7 points. Give me a few
more years and I may be able to narrow that down :-).

Professionals in Japan play 9x9 using 6.5 komi, after moving from 5.5pt
komi. (I know practically nothing about 9x9 professional games in
China/Korea, and would welcome any leads.)

As an aside, I've noticed the monte carlo 9x9 programs play a weak
opening then make up for it later. It'd be interesting to see the komi
study using a full-strength version of Mogo and using an opening book
(ideally with results split by first move).

Darren

--
Darren Cook
http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (English-Japanese-German-Chinese free dictionary)