Don Dailey wrote:

I have posted before about the evils of trying to extract knowledge from human games. I don't think it is very effective compared to generating that knowledge from computer games for several reasons.

I would agree if we could have quality games played by computers.
In 19x19, of course. But because computer moves are so vulgar when they are tesuji it is because a search has found a killer move, not because the program has good style. The killer moves only apply to that position exactly (or a local subgame whose limits are not trivial to determine). There is not much to learn
from killer moves. What programs need to learn is style and from
programs you only learn bad habits.

Jacques.