I guess once superko really matters for programs, this paper might become interesting for us:
http://www.fun.ac.jp/~kishi/pdf_file/AAAI04KishimotoA.pdf

Regards,
Benjamin
I use the simple ko position as part of the hash key, and generally ignore positional superko and situational superko when doing my search. That seems to make sense since the superko situations are pretty rare while ko is fairly common. I've considered putting in some simplistic superko avoidance such as tracking a bit more history of captures in the hash key, but I haven't convinced myself that it's worth it yet.