Phil wrote:
> anymore? I could use it. Right now I use GoGui for the GUI, which is
> great, but sometimes I'd like to display internal data during debug
> for which GoGui would be too difficult to use.

You know you can output internal data to stderr and gogui will pick it
up and show it in the shell window?

Or did you mean it is too much bother to connect with gogui while also
running your code in a debugger?

Chrilly wrote:
> One always thinks "oh its a mess, it could be done much better and
> now the other people see what mess I have done".  Open-source
> programmers are in this respect very brave. I think this is the most
> positive effect of open-source. Its like when visitors are coming to
> ones home. One washes the dishes, cleans the carpet, no dirty
> underwear is lying around....

This is actually the biggest objection I hear to releasing as open
source - it is nothing to do with the idea of people stealing your hard
work, but simple embarrassment/fear of criticism.

I've managed to get some open source code out of the door - dirty
underwear and all - simply by tricking my ego: "I'll just do a first
quick release, no-one will see it, and I'll go back and make it
beautiful next week. And people will think it must be very active
because we got to version 0.2 so quickly!"

Darren

--
Darren Cook
http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (English-Japanese-German-Chinese free dictionary)