chrilly wrote:
I have a Phd in statistics. But Bayesian methods were at that time a non-topic. I know the general principles, but I want to learn a little bit more about the latest developments in the field. Bayes is now chic, there are many books about it. I assume also a lot of bad ones. Can anyone recommend me a good state of the art book about Bayesian inference. Should be somewhat in the applied direction, but also with a sound mathematical background.

Chrilly

I would suggest David MacKay's book, _Information Theory, Inference, and Learning Algorithms_
http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/mackay/itila/book.html
Table of contents:
http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/mackay/itila/toc.html

I have not read it, but from what I have seen of it, I believe you may like it.

Wikipedia may also be a good starting point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayesian_inference

Rémi