I played quite a few games with Mogo to recognizing the game pattern. I'm one
or two levels higher than Mogo in 19X19. For the first 15 moves or so Mogo
playing moves in the center(except the database forced plays in the corner).
Probably its search concluded the center is the best place to surround
territory. Once center is covered, Mogo begin to play attack moves. Probably
its search concluded that from now on simply covering the territory won't lead
to win.?For human players this point is started somewhat earlier. Up to now and
in next few moves Mogo didn't show marked weakness. However, one major weakness
shows up in moves following. It always try to kill a weak group. Good Go
players all know that the?attack is not always (in most cases it's not) to kill
that group. Mogo is so obsessed with the?killing effort, it often left several
weaknesses in its position. I wonder what search mechanism biased Mogo towards
such a behavior?

I used a AMD 1.6GHz Turino dual core and the windows version of Mogo. At the
end of game Mogo's time used is about an hour. I set 30 second playing time,
but often it takes up to couple minutes for a move. It's ok, I would like it to
think longer to come up better moves.

DL?