2007/12/11, terry mcintyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> With Go, there are many situations which can be read out precisely, provided
> that one has the proper tools - ladders, the ability to distinguish between
> one and two eyes; the ability to reduce eyespaces to a single eye with an
> appropriate placement; and so forth. Failure to recognize such situations is
> like failing to spot a pinned piece or a passed pawn.

I am no fan on MC approach but basically MC can read L&D given enough
of simulations. It will read them without knowing that they need to be
analysed. Point in MC being that once you get more power you get
better L&D as well, but without extra coding.

This approach will result in non-human like game BUT likewise chess
programs did not get strong by emulating humans. They just took one
simple thing humans do and took it to extreme. Whatever approach will
do the trick in go it will be similar in this sense.

--
Petri Pitkänen
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]