At 05:24 AM 12/12/2007, Don Dailey wrote:
>I've looked into this a bit.     My preference would be scheme and it's
>my understanding that it may be a bit more efficient.

If you're worried about efficient use of the machine, stay away from lisp
and scheme.  Despite the claims of "it can be as fast as C",  you have to
work hard and perform unnatural (from the viewpoint of lisp) acts to get
anywhere near there.  There are deep architectural reasons why lisp is not
as efficient as C when used as directed.

Use lisp if you're concerned with promoting efficient use of your brain.