On Dec 12, 2007 3:09 PM, Álvaro Begué <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > No the prediction rate, but the probability of the training data. More
> > > precisely, the logarithm of that probability.
> >

> > I still don't know what you mean by this.
> >

> He probably should use the word "likelihood" instead of "probability".
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Likelihood_function

Clearly I'm missing something, because I still don't understand.  Let's take
a simple example of a move is on the 3rd line and has a gamma value of 1.75.
What is the equation or sequence of discrete values that I can take the
derivative of?

Doing conditional probabilities based on "move is on 3rd line" and "move is
selected" (AKA pure training data) seems to yield a fixed value rather than
something approximating a normal distribution.