On Jan 3, 2008 10:21 AM, Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert Jasiek wrote:
> > Don Dailey wrote:
> > > you can never solve the problem of a
> >> malicious opponent who wants to prolong the game needlessly.
> >
> > I solved that many years ago: Constant game end rule.
> > http://home.snafu.de/jasiek/endrules.html
> >
> > The question is rather whether one wants such a rule. (I do not like
> > it because it is artificial.)
> >
> Interesting web site - I enjoyed reading it and it seems well thought out.

It looked to be lots of classification and description of pre-existing
rules. I missed (or possibly tuned out prior to reading) the part about
solving how to end the game in an elegant way.

Which section should I read?

BTW - The KGS game end protocol requires both bots to pass to initiate
scoring.  Both sides then give a list of dead stones.  If they agree, the
game is over.  If there's any disagreement, the bots must finish the game
like on CGOS (all remaining stones are alive).