David

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of terry mcintyre
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:39 AM
To: computer-go
Subject: Re: [computer-go] How to get more participation in 19x19 CGOS?

Thanks, David!

I think you said that your three versions of Many Faces 12 are about 5
stones apart in strength?

I'm guessing this means that version A can give B a 5 stone handicap, and
win 50% of the time,
while version B can give C a 5 stone handicap and win 50% of the games?

Have you played the 3 versions against Gnugo? What handicaps seem
appropriate there?

I think Don Dailey posted that there is a need for a GnuGo on the 19x19
server? I can host if need be, have spare CPU here and full-time connection.

Terry McIntyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Wherever is found what is called a paternal government, there is found
state education. It has been discovered that the best way to insure implicit
obedience is to commence tyranny in the nursery."

Benjamin Disraeli, Speech in the House of Commons [June 15, 1874]