Jason House wrote:
On Jan 18, 2008 11:30 AM, Raymond Wold wrote:
    With simple ko checking, around 3% of games ended in infinite loop with
    double ko.

Double ko's should not have an infinite loop. black takes ko A. White takes ko B. Black can't retake ko B, so must fill ko A. White then fills ko B. No infinite loop...

The only time I've had issues with this stuff was when my anti-eye-filling rule was broken.

Hmm, you're right, must have been triple ko actually. That fits with the percentages better as well. Perhaps there were other possible looping situations as well, I didn't actually check what it was that looped, only that it did, and that my idea for breaking-the-loop (stopping playouts after X moves) was on average slower than just always checking for superko in a hash table.