On Jan 18, 2008 11:30 AM, Raymond Wold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My own experience when experimenting with random playouts were that
> without ko checking at all, around 30% of games ended in infinite loop
> with both sides having one (non-eye-filling) move possible, to retake
> the ko.

My experience is that without simple ko checking, games ended in infinite
loops where the ko was the only move left.  They'd just go back and forth
capturing the lone stone...

> With simple ko checking, around 3% of games ended in infinite loop with
> double ko.

Double ko's should not have an infinite loop.  black takes ko A.  White
takes ko B.  Black can't retake ko B, so must fill ko A.  White then fills
ko B.  No infinite loop...

The only time I've had issues with this stuff was when my anti-eye-filling
rule was broken.