> I also implemented RAVE in Mango. There was a few points of improvements
> (around 60 Elo points with gnugo as reference), but as much as in the
> paper of Gelly and Silver :( (around 250 Elo points if I remember well)
>
> It might be that the effect of RAVE depends a lot on the simulation
> strategy. Indeed, sometimes my RAVE was playing very good moves but also
> very bad ones.

I don't think the simulation strategy is the key.

I suspect the improvement is largest when you don't do progressive widening.

Nevertheless it would be quite interesting to see the implementation
details of ggmc's RAVE. RAVE performance is quite dependent on exact
implementation and parameters.

--
GCP