David

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason House
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 11:15 AM
To: computer-go
Subject: Re: [computer-go] More UCT / Monte-Carlo questions

On Feb 5, 2008 2:08 PM, David Fotland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It think many programs run several simulations through a node before
allocating the children.  I can see how this saves memory, but then how do
you save the RAVE information from the early simulations?

For RAVE, after doing a sim at a leaf, I walk back up the UCT tree.  At each
internal node, I keep update RAVE game counters applicable children.  I
never go deeper into the tree to apply RAVE values.  Does that help?