From: Christoph Birk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: computer-go <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Sent: Tue, 13 May 2008 3:40 pm
Subject: Re: [computer-go] 10k UCT bots

On Tue, 13 May 2008, Mark Boon wrote:?
>>> If this asymmetry really bothers you, you could very easily fix this by?
>>> wrapping the search around. There's no asymmetry in a circle.?
>?
> Why not? The whole argument is about a bias against points towards the end. >
> In a circular list there is no 'end'.?
?
No, it was a bias towards moves "behind" illegal moves.?
Those moves are twice as likely to be played than other moves. Consider a list
with 5 moves:?
?
[Move1] [Move2] [Move3] [Move4] [Move5]?
?
You create a random number between 1 and 5. If Move2 is illegeal?
for example, then you will play?
?Move1 if random#=1?
?Move3 if random#=2 or 3,?
?Move4 =4?
?Move5 =5?
?
Move3 is twice as likely to be played. Even if you make a circular?
list.?
?
Christoph?
?