Van: computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org namens Darren Cook
Verzonden: ma 15-12-2008 9:34
Aan: computer-go
Onderwerp: [computer-go] UEC cup

I was reading a report on the UEC Cup [1] on a (Japanese) blog, and if I
understood correctly the results were:
  1. Crazy stone
  2. Fudogo (?) (Hideki Kato's program)
  3. Many Faces
  4. Katsunari

(Mogo had time trouble and pulled out?)

Crazy stone then played against Kaori Aoba, 4p, at a 7-stone handicap
and won by resignation. Making crazy stone 4 or 5 dan, by Japanese
standards. Maybe 2-3 dan European?

Can anyone post more information? What hardware was Crazy Stone running on?

Darren

[1]: The home page is here, but no information here yet:
 http://jsb.cs.uec.ac.jp/~igo/2008/eng/

http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (English-Japanese-German-Chinese-Arabic
                        open source dictionary/semantic network)