Update:  After concentrating on tightening the UCT loop, I've optimized myself
back into needing the SDD  :/

But now I should be able to get to 20B nodes in just one day.

(still only doing 7x7 Go)

Michael Williams wrote:
Yes, when memory is full, I save and free all leaf nodes (which is the vast majority). Nodes are loaded as needed.