On Jun 5, 2009, at 5:59 PM, Christoph Birk <b...@ociw.edu> wrote:

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Don Dailey wrote:
Handicap games opens a can of worms.   The last time we discussed it,
it was difficult to get any kind of reasonable agreement on how to do it.

Handicap games are for humans ... they get frustrated losing
over and over. Computers have no problems with that.

There are humans watching and reviewing the games. Handicap can give an unpredictable outcome, meaning both developers can look for small things to improve that could have changed the game outcome. Also, at least some bots on CGOS are intended for more than just games against computers. Having test data from handicap games could help refining how the bot handles such situations.

I agree with Don, adding a handicap server is an unnecessary complication.

It is a complication. I would be shocked if the first release of the new CGOS supported it.