Yes, I save the search state from move to move.  I don't save the tree,
since I don't have a DAG.  I keep the depth from the start of the game, not
the start of the search.

I give up when there are no nodes that area available to be overwritten.  If
the search is long enough, there are no nodes that can be recovered, and the
UCT tree stops growing.  I keep searching when there are no reusable nodes.

David