On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Benjamin Teuber <benjamin.teu...@web.de>wrote:

> > It's not up to me to prove anything.   It's up to you.
>
> You entered a discussion in which you gave arguments (that I believe
> are nonsense) ...

but at least fits the observation that this method does not work.

> ... against this method, which I just meant to counter.

Why don't you counter it with an argument that fits the actual observation?

> But I don't want to prove anything (well I might want, but I know I
> cannot).
> I'm really just curious about this good-sounding idea and hoped
> somebody might be able to give details of its failure.

There are some things in the archive on this - the idea is literally years
old.     But I doubt you will any papers on this since it's a failure.
Paper authors tend to spend more time writing papers on things that work -
unless they have some really surprising or interesting result to report.

- Don