I start with one move, and slowly add moves to the pool of moves to be
considered, peaking at considering 30 moves.

My current schedule looks like:

visits          0       2       5       9       15      24      38      59
90      100  ...  2142
moves           1       2       3       4       5       6       7       8
9       10   ...    20

I didn't find that strength is very sensitive to the schedule.  Many Faces
is a pretty good heuristic for selecting good moves, so if you are just
using RAVE to do move ordering you might need to widen faster.

David