> Even if the sum-up is done in a logarithmic time (with binary tree
> style), the collecting time of all infomation from all nodes is
> proportional to the number of nodes if the master node has few
> communication ports, isn't it?

No (unless I misunderstood what you mean, sorry in that case!) !
Use a tree of nodes, to agregate informations, and everything is
logarithmic. This is implicitly done in MPI.

If you have 8 nodes A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H,
then
(i) first layer
A and B send information to B
C and D send information to D
E and F send information to F
G and H send information to H
 (ii) second layer
B and D send information to D
F and H send information to H
(iii) third layer
D and H send information to H

then do the same in the reverse order so that the cumulated information is
sent back to all nodes.

> By the way, have you experimented not averaging but just adding sceme?
> When I tested that my code had some bugs and no success.

Yes, we have tested. Surprisingly, no significant difference. But I don't
know
if this would still hold today, as we have some pattern-based exploration.
For a code with a score almost only depending on percentages, it's not
surprising that averaging and summing are equivalent.

Best regards,
Olivier