On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 02:57:32PM +0100, Jean-loup Gailly wrote:
>    Yes it would be interesting but it's a bit difficult to run this
>    experiment.
>    The software and its parameters is constantly changing. We can't
>    create a new kgs bot for every new version or parameter change,
>    it wouldn't have enough time to get a rating. Also people escape
>    more often against bots, it takes time to get these escaped games
>    counted in favor of the bot.

I'd argue that measuring performance against humans is the main
challenge now. Beating up other monte carlo bots with bigger hardware
isn't very interesting. The way to get good measurements is to put a
stake in the sand and let it run, preferably with somewhere between 15
and 30 seconds byo-yomi.

However, I don't really have the hardware or inclination to run the
test myself, so I won't harp on the issue.

-Jeff