On 1/14/2015 12:14 AM, Urban Hafner wrote:
... I'm currently in the early stages of writing my own Go engine and right now I'm trying to make my playouts reasonably fast. I've come a long way in the past few days. Probably not because the payouts are really fast right now, but because they were just so slow before. :) Right now I'm at ~2000pps on 9x9 and ~1000pps on 19x19. This is for playouts with simple ko and suicide checks and no concurrency. Now I wonder if this is fast enough to even start thinking about implementing a UCT/MCTS player and also if there's something I'm missing with the playouts, e.g. is the suicide check necessary? ...

i was getting 25 kpps on 9x9 on a 4ghz amd fx8350 in orego using 1 thread a year or so ago.

thanks

--
Honesty is a very expensive gift. So, don't expect it from cheap people -
Warren Buffet