Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately Pachi doesn't seem to really try to maximize score, even with
these settings: Once one side has won by a large enough margin, it will
stop trying to kill small groups and I am precisely trying to generate a
database to learn about life and death. Perhaps I can play around with the
settings in uct/dynkomi.c to see if I can make it behave closer to what I
need.

If anyone knows of a program that can actually use something like expected
score in the UCT move selection formula, that's probably what I need. I
might end up modifying Pachi to do this, but it sounds daunting.

Álvaro.