On 12 January 2016 at 13:29, Ray Tayek <rta...@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> On 1/11/2016 7:10 PM, Gonçalo Mendes Ferreira wrote:
>
> Hi, some time back I mentioned creating a program that evaluates the
> aesthetics of a game of Go. Has anyone given it some thought? I'd love to
> have a comparison between professional and amateur dan matches,

> shape <http://senseis.xmp.net/?Shape> should be a candidiate. it's
> frequency in a game should correspond to rank.

I would be interested to see if this is true.  My own experience suggests
otherwise.  When I watch 3-dan games, and 6-dan games, I think the 6-dans
make more empty triangles. The 3-dans are using shape as a guide (for the
previous moves, as well as the move in question), while the 6-dans don't
use such heuristics, they are able to read the stuff out.

Nick

Nick Wedd      mapr...@gmail.com