On 10.03.2016 16:48, Darren Cook wrote:
 in game 2, black 43 and 45 were described as "a little
heavy". It did seem (to my weak eyes) to turn out poorly. I'm curious if
this was a real mistake by AlphaGo, or if it was already happy it was
leading, and this was the one it felt led to the safest win?

In human terms, it was a combination of: limitation of the expansion potential of the white left side, shinogi, sente and developing the potential of the upper side including its center potential. Ugly and marvellous strategy of simplifying the game (same: reduction of the right side in sente) and creating a winning position by robbing White of every option of creating significant new territory regions / expansions.

--
robert jasiek