Petr,

{repeat from a different thread slightly modified for this one}

What I was addressing was more around what Robert Jasiek is describing in
his joseki books and other materials he's produced. And it is exactly why I
think the "explanation of the suggested moves" requires a much deeper
baking into the participating ANN's (bottom up approach). And given what I
have read thus far (including your above information), I am still seeing
the risk extraordinarily high and the payoff exceedingly low, outside an
academic context.

However, if someone was to do all the dirty work setting up all the
infrastructure, hunt down the training data and then financially facilitate
the thousands of hours of human work and the tens to hundreds of thousands
of hours of automated learning work, I would become substantially more
interested...and think a high quality desired outcome remains a low
probability.

That said, I wish whomever takes on this project the very best of luck
because I will very much enjoy being wrong about this...at someone else's
expense. :)

Jim