Igor, you are used to seeing game trees with the game record (= 'main
line') at the top, and variations underneath, which is how they are
usually presented - and  gogui 'thinks' the same way as you, and
automatically labels all branches of the tree as variations A,B,C etc.
with the expectation that the reader will expect the main line to be
variation A.

In my view, this is fine up to a point, and that point is when the
tree is not being used by learners, who need to be able to go back and
forth and leap from branch to branch and from start to finish of
variations and back again, all of which is very awkward with cgoban3
and gogui.

game4commented.sgf is unusual, for reasons i gave in my previous
reply, but perhaps they were not clear to you, so i try to explain in
more detail:

the way game trees are displayed by clients follows the 'standard' set
by smartgo; the author of smartgo has himself tried and failed to
change the standard when he realised what was wrong with it, as he
said in an interview on, as best i remember, the gotalk youtube
channel.

that 'standard' is a norm, but it is not a regulation.

on any game tree display, no matter how oriented, we think of both
axes as being axes of time; in the case of cgoban3 displays, big
chunks of time on the vertical axis, and little move-by-move steps in
time along the horizontal.

ordinarily, variations appear following reviews, which are done after
the game has ended,
if each variation is an afterthought on the previous one, the cgoban3
display makes sense.

but if it isn't, it doesn't.

one way to make the picture clearer would be to colour variation lines
according to whether they are the game record, or a certain
commentator's thoughts, or a players review, etc.  in fact, i did
produce such a picture, for the first 2 commentaries i included, but
after adding a third commentary i felt too lazy to colour a picture of
the new tree.  plus, even though the variation sequences are
relatively short, and there aren't that many of them, the whole tree
is too big to fit onto my computer screen without scrolling, and in
any case, i can only colour a picture of the tree, not the tree
itself, so you would need both the plain tree and my coloured picture
of it side by side, each taking up a whole screen, so you would have
to buy a third screen to see the board as well !

Petr asked about text reviews of the game; i appreciate that for those
whose mother tongue is not English, text is easier to understand than
speech (it's the same for me with French, and i depend on Google
Translate for other languages, clumsy though its translations may be).

You could have the best of both worlds, if you watched, say, Kim's
video on one screen whilst having my sgf open on the other - it would
be kind of like having a subtitle tree....

but on the other hand, if you want to learn a foreign language like
English, there is only one way.  ONLY ONE:  you have to "swim" in it;
you have to speak as well as listen, and leave reading for the birds.
Native speakers do not learn language by reading, and neither can ESL
students.

<http://naturalenglish.jimdo.com/>

as a member of a biological species evolved to swing through trees
rather than read books about them, i find video to be a far more
efficient information transfer medium than text,

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSL-TuMlQZo&list=PL4y5WtsvtduozO-9oG5nZZI8IPUD6EDif&index=9>

which is why, when i get around to explaining how a computer can speak
English about a Go game, i will do so by way of a video presentation
(or will i?...having second thoughts, now, as it would be more
intelligible to second language users in book form).

when it comes to imaginative novels, i empathise with the goat who was
eating some film that had been dumped in a Hollywood garbage can.  His
friend asked what it was like, to which he replied:

 "not bad..., but it's not as good as the book!"