I've got a very similar but less feature rich implementation of Orego.

I only get 4kpps single threaded on my power-saver ultra book.
Unfortunately I've not got access to a beefier machine to benchmark with
but like to -think- *dream* that I'm getting play out speeds closer to
Orego on a better machine.

     Ben