I recently acquired a 2nd hard drive to add to my screwdriver shop
system that currently boots XP Pro from drive 0.

I would like to install Ubuntu or Ubuntu Studio 7.x
(http://www.howtoforge.com/the_perfect_desktop_ubuntustudio7.04) on the
2nd drive, and be given a choice which OS to boot when the machine is
powered up or restarted.

Most available tutorials assume the Linux distro will be the sole OS on
the system (or share the system only with other Linux distros).  I have
practical reasons to wish to maintain the existing XP installation.

Any recommended precautions or course of action I should take?  I hope
this is a stupid question, as I wish this to be easy!

Thanks in advance!

--John Emmerling