Hopefully everything they say is true about the encryption of stored data, but
there is always a "back door."  My preferred method of backing up is to a hard
drive that is stored somewhere privately, e.g., in a bank safe deposit box.
But it all depends on your risk analysis.

The "automatic" feature that "works in the background" will surely be a
significant hit on computer performance.  I would hope there is an option to
have it do its thing after you have gone to bed, gone to work, or gone out to
do errands.

Fred Holmes