The Japanese numbers are typically bellweather numbers.

These units sell earlier and sometimes in greater numbers than they do here.

But to reaffirm the numbers from Tom. I read an article that showed both the Xbox and the Playstation 3 are selling way below projected numbers here in the US. Except for the initial surge on the PS3 it has not been well received.

On the other hand the WII has been a sell out ever since it was introduced. They cannot keep it in stock and are looking at it still not being in great numbers until after Christmas as they simply cannot keep up with demand!

I read this in an article discussing the IPhone  no less.

Stewart