>       1. I don't want listmembers to attempt to censor others, but
> label
> such behavior "moderating the list."

How can anyone "censor" anyone else here?  Do you think you missed out on
some special power that can reach out and retroactively wipe a sent message?
As much as I would like for you to cut for yourself a big, steaming hunk of
STFU, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon and my ability to
make that happen is rather limited.

>       2. This is an unmoderated list. Thus, it has no given, OR
> SELF-APPOINTED, moderator(s). This means you.

Wrong.  Tom himself can come from on high and get with the smiting, should
he see fit.  But, that's not his style.

The list membership is the moderator.  It is, in its own right, a community
and has a unique culture.  It has its own rules of decorum and any of us can
speak up and say what we think about any other member's behavior.  That I
think that you're someone who was, in this instance, way out of line and, in
general, is way too impressed with himself and his place in the world is
just my own opinion as a listmember.

>       3. Most adults on this list, in my experience, are perfectly
> capable
> of moderating themselves, and don't need any help from you, me, or Jeff
> Morris.

Obviously, that didn't apply to you and Mr. Morris.  You seemed to think he
needed lots and lots of your special kind of help.  So much so, that you
wanted to make sure that he couldn't possibly ignore you.  It wasn't enough
that you just said your piece and got on with life, he had to *know* how you
wuz wronged by his critique and his decision to censor *himself* by
unsubbing.

Heaven help anyone who goes astray of Bob's orthodoxy.