Andy,
Thanks for the reference but the article is about a test on Vista, not Windows XP SP2.
Steve

Andy Gallant wrote:
fyi (ymmv) - http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136205/article.html

Stephen Meskin wrote:
Does anyone have experience comparing these two?

I have used Spybot for a couple of years I also go thru a router and use Firefox, Thunderbird and AVG with Windows XP Firewall off and have had no problem yet. My wife heard that Defender was very good, she goes thru the same router, uses Firefox, M$ Outlook and AVG with Windows XP Firewall turned on.
I said I would check Defender with you guys.
Steve

/snip/