My experience comes from getting tired of Verizon. I used my cell for
any toll calls and had a very limited service for 20-30 local calls a
month (for my Tivo). They kept trying to nickle and dime me with $2-3
increases with no added benefit to me. I switched to triple play;
already having had HSI and DTV. Now I have full featured, unlimited
phone service too. My total bill (for 2 years at least) is less than
what I had been paying for HSI & DTV alone (by about $5) and I no
longer pay the extra $20+ a month to Verizon. From what I found on the
pricing, the phone service should go from $33/month to about $40 at
the end of the promotion (taxes and fees extra).

Now, if they could only give me a reliable DVR ....

YMMV

--
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
up where I needed to be."