>Except the article isn't talking about users.  He's talking about Apple as a
>company possibly missing an opportunity.  So it's not that the author of the
>article doesn't get it, you are missing the point of the article.  Macs have
>often been compared to ferrari or bmw..companies not after 'market share'
>but after customers willing to pay more to get their products.  Trouble is
>I've never seen any CEO tell his investors, I sure hope this quarter we
>don't see any growth.

You are making the same mistake as the article author. You and the author
want to impose the notion that market share is paramount -- it isn't.

Apple is proof that it isn't. At Apple, doing something well is
paramount. Apple demonstrates that doing something well can be very
profitable and Apple's stockholders are very happy with their returns.
(Compare Apple's stellar share price performance to Microsoft's poor
showing.)

I'm glad I don't have to live in such a market-share driven world where
everything must be bought at Walmart -- cheaply-made products that
quickly wear out while poisoning you.