Now you are getting close to home - I live very close to Shades of Death Road, in Allamuchy NJ, and the next towns over are Hope and Tranquility. All three were written up in the Weird New Jersey book. :-)

Speaking of weird, I took about 50 images over the weekend, at my wife's 50th high school reunion. When I took the SD memory card out of the camera and tried to read it in my PC's reader, all I saw was the directory and a message that the contents could not be read. I downloaded a recovery application and was able to save most of the images, for which we are both thankful (but all those people look so OLD), but I am wondering if I should continue to use the card or discard it. I re-formated the card and took a half dozen images, and it seemed to be OK. This is a Toshiba card, not some $5 Wal-Mart special, but I am wondering if these things are prone to failure. I suppose it is possible that the error could have been caused by the USB reader (which is a tiny $5 Wal-Mart special!), but I don't know how. (The recovery was made using a larger, more expensive, and less portable reader.) Any thoughts?

Mike

rlsimon wrote:
http://www.weirdnj.com/

Definitely weird!!